rss

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monday - November 1


Smundeh seriously just had a spazz attack and it's only the first of November. This is all you get and I'M NOT EVEN SORRY.

Actually, I'm a little sorry. I didn't really explain in my video, and that makes me sad because I think it's a valid question and now I've just gone and short changed it. What do you do when you're praying the wrong prayers? If prayer is a process through which God changes us [and still somehow gives us the dignity of causality -- check it: http://vimeo.com/8467883] then how do we process when we find ourselves unchanged?

Again, I'm really bummed out I butchered this one!

Stay deck, spastichicos.

4 comments:

L.E. Fiore said...

1) Your hair is adorable. Always. And particularly in this vid.
2) I've had that same prayer- dilemma. I think we acknowledge our desires to God- knowing he delights to give us what we ask... and then when we feel/know our desires aren't what they should be- we pray for wisdom- and that he would change our hearts and give us his desires.

Michael Au-Mullaney said...

Okay, so I was reading Matthew this morning, the chapter where Jesus is praying the garden, and he asks the Father to "let this cup pass from me" and then he said "Nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will." I think that even when we want something we know we shouldn't we should pray for it anyway, but never forget that God's will and not ours be done. He'll work it out.

L.E. Fiore said...

Exactly! And interesting too- that Christ asked for something that wasn't "God's will" - so just because God's saying no doesn't mean we're necessarily asking for a bad thing. But we want HIS desires to be ours.

A&A said...

Mm, we talked about that in Sunday school, I think God doesn't want our conceptions of our prayers to keep us from talking to Him. It seems strange to hold two desires simultaneously: desiring His will and desiring what is mostly likely out of His will, but strangely this seems correct?

Post a Comment